Thursday, March 8, 2007

Smoking the pot makes you paranoid


Blues Traveler singer, John Popper was arrested on Tuesday in Washington. His car was pulled over for speeding (clocked in at 111 mph) on Interstate highway 90. John was a passenger, his friend Brian Gourgeois was driving.

After John sang a few bars of Runaround to convince the officers he was in fact John Popper ("No you're not John Popper, John Popper's fat!"), the officers searched the car. They found four rifles, nine handguns and a switchblade knife in hidden compartments. They also found a Taser, night vision goggles and a small amount of marijuana. Here's the best part: the vehicle was equipped with flashing emergency headlights, a siren and a public address system. (That is so awesome!! I'd love to have a public address system on my car!! "SIGNAL MOTHERFUCKER!")

So why right? Well simple. "Popper indicated to troopers that he had installed these items in his vehicle because (in the event of a natural disaster) he didn't want to be left behind," the Patrol said in a statement. Hey, makes perfect sense to me! I know if there was a natural disaster, I'd want to smoke up, put on my night vision goggles, fire my rifle in the air, and address my fellow Americans!

Both men were booked and released on their own recognizance. Authorities said they plan to charge both Popper and Gourgeois with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Gourgeois will also be charged with reckless driving.


PEOPLE

Here's a picture of what was found in the car:

So I guess the guns were legal. It's a good thing they're gonna have to face up to possessing a dimebag!! Marijuana is dangerous you know! This country is so screwed up!


No comments: