Tuesday, January 29, 2008

That Funky Monkey


Christina Ricci survived an attack from a chimpanzee on the set of her new film
Penelope when her co-star named Chim Chim grabbed on to her breast and refused to let go.

Christina described the terrifying incident,
"It's the first day of shooting and I have this kitchen scene where I'm sitting down and the monkey is sitting right next to me. Of course it freaks out during the take and grabs my left breast and will not let go, and he's so strong.

I'm thinking, 'This thing is gonna rip it's hand away and I will no longer have a boob there!' I'm so freaked out and the whole rest of the actors are turned around so no one sees that this has happened to me and I'm like, 'Help, help' as quietly and calmly as possible so this thing does not freak out any further.


Finally they got him off me but my fear is completely validated and I did not go near him for the rest of the shoot... Monkeys are crazy and you never what they'll grab onto; I don't like unpredictable animals."

Chim Chim has defended his actions, saying he was just trying to pick a piece of lint off Christina. If she was wearing the above top, he has a valid argument.

SOURCE

No comments: