Friday, January 4, 2008

20 Drink Minimum

Dane Cook has broken the Laugh Factory's record for the longest stand-up set, performing for seven hours. That's a lot of screaming and flailing!

Dane and Dave Chappelle have been competing against each other ever since Dane broke Richard Pryor's 1980 record of two hours and 41 minutes back in April by performing a routine lasting three hours and 50 minutes.

David then topped that record later that month by performing six hours and seven minutes. Then David outdid himself last month by tacking on an additional five minutes.

One hour and 36 minutes is the amount of time I will never get back after watching Good Luck Chuck.

On his blog, Dave wrote:

"Quick true or false blurb: Did I really do a record-breaking seven hours of stand-up comedy last night at the Laugh Factory? True.

I never sat down or left the stage. The show started with a small mighty crowd of around 60, and 35 of us were together this morning still laughing and recapping 2007 with laughs galore. It felt fantastic. I talked about anything and everything. From tigers mauling people to my parents' deaths. Reconstructive surgery to starting my very own race war. Sex, drugs and anything else that my brain served up.

I knew everyone in the crowd by the end and now they know me too. I dedicate my record-breaking set to all comedians that inspire me past and present."

Dave Chappelle responded by leaving Laugh Factory owner Jamie Masada a voicemail message saying:"Man, okay, when can I come in?"

SOURCE

No comments: