Monday, December 10, 2007

Mother of the Year


Amy Winehouse's mother has written a public letter begging Amy to get help which was published in Britain's News of the World tabloid paper.

Here are some excerpts:

We have spoken recently but many people will wonder why I haven't run down to whatever hotel you're staying in, scooped you up and taken you home for a hot bath and a steaming bowl of chicken soup. (So is she explaining her parenting methods to her daughter or the "people"? Also note to mom: Despite what you may have been told, chicken soup does not cure drug addiction, no matter how flu-like the symptoms of withdrawal are.)

Even when you were only a rosy-cheeked five-year-old singing into a hairbrush in front of the mirror, you had a will as stubborn as a mule. Do you remember? (I don't think Amy remembers what she put in her beehive this morning)

You were well brought up, you had a keen sense of right from wrong and you understood the values we always impressed on you as a family. (another attempt to save face?)

We were terrified after we saw those pictures of you earlier this week, wandering the freezing streets of London at dawn in your underwear. All I wanted to do was rush into those pictures and wrap you up in a big, warm blanket. (You and everyone else)

Do you remember on January 14 this year, when your album got to number one? Do you remember how overjoyed your father and I both were? We shed tears of joy for you that night. (Again mom, she doesn't remember shit.)

We are concerned, but we're not panicking. You've got to see things in your own time and I'm sure you will. (Not panicking? I'm panicking and I don't even know her! Her time's gonna be up before she sees it!)

You're a true professional who thrives on work and you need to get back into that routine. (Translation: You only had two hit singles, you need to make some more money!!)

Yeah, I know I'm a bitch for ragging on a mother pleading with her addict daughter to get help. It's the fact that she wrote a public letter (to a freaking tabloid no less) that's bugging me. It's like she's trying to say "See world, I'm a good mother who cares, it's not my fault she's a train wreck!" It just reeks of Dina Lohan and we don't need another one of those.

She should have called A&E instead and got Amy on Intervention.

SOURCE

No comments: