Thursday, May 17, 2007

Asshat of the Week


We haven't had an Asshat of the Week in quite some time so I'd like to bestow the honor on Mr. I Love Jailbait, Marilyn Manson!

Marilyn hasn't been relevant or shocking for years (or maybe, ever) but he manages to keep his name in the news, lately mostly by the leaving his wife for a 19 year old and then possibly having actual sex in his latest video. Ooh, shocking! But his old standby is opening his mouth and letting the verbal diarrhea sputter out.

So here's what he had to say in a recent interview with U.K.'s The Observer when asked if he has blamed for the Virgina Tech shooting:


"Not as far as I know. But I wouldn't be surprised if I was blamed. You know, it all seems very manufactured to me. . . in the way that there's candlelight vigils, but I haven't seen anyone crying. Not one single person crying. Someone said to me yesterday: I'm sure you're full of mixed emotions. And I'm not, really. I don't really care. I don't know anyone involved in it. If you lose emotion, and you gain it back, you realise that hate and love are very important to distribute properly. So I'm not going to waste any kind of emotion on things that aren't related to me. It doesn't mean that you have to be insensitive or cold, or have no sort of empathy. It just means that when you do have an emotion, make it extreme."


You know what happened here right? He's pissed that he wasn't blamed so he said this to create the controversy that he didn't get. Fucking asshat. If he really didn't care he would just keep his mouth shut and not feel the need to go on and on about how he didn't care. He thinks he's so intelligent too. UGH!

So anyway, congrats Marilyn. I'm sure you'll celebrate by snorting some coke off your underage girlfriend's ass.

PS - Speaking of asses, Slayer is gonna blow your pale one off the stage SO bad on the tour this summer.

SOURCE

No comments: