Thursday, June 5, 2008

Britney doesn't love rock n' roll!




Joan Jett has finally commented on Britney Spears' massacre of "I Love Rock N' Roll" back in 2002.

Joan claims to never have actually heard Britney's version, (Here you go Joan, but don't say I didn't warn you.) but that she didn't get it because Britney is not a rocker.

She says,
"I've never even heard Britney's version. I mean, I've obviously heard about it, but I never understood that whole idea. I mean, people usually cover a song that says something about them, but I doubt she loves rock 'n' roll. Maybe she likes songs."

Joan's right. Although Britney in recent years has exhibited more rock 'n' roll behavior than anyone since Ozzy snorted a line of ants, she does not actually love rock 'n' roll. The whole thing was really just a big misunderstanding.

What happened was Britney heard the Weird Al version, "I Love Rocky Road" and agreed to cover the song based on her love of the tasty treat. Which nobody can argue!






The music nerd in me also feels the need to point out that
Joan's version of "I Love Rock N Roll" is a cover as well. The song was originally written and recorded by a band called The Arrows back in 1975.

SOURCE

No comments: