Monday, April 28, 2008

You can't have your skank and eat it too Miley




The Miley Cyrus machine is in turbo backpeddle mode regarding the above photo taken for the upcoming Vanity Fair issue.

Miley has issued an apology to her fans not only for Vanity Fair pic, but also for those other photos that surfaced recently.

Miley said to PEOPLE:
"My goal in my music and my acting is always to make people happy. For Vanity Fair, I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie [Leibovitz]. I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed.

The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots. I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone. Most of all, I have let myself down. I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team. My family and my faith will guide me through my life's journey."

The Disney Channel also released a statement blaming Vanity Fair for "manipulating" Miley, because neither she, nor both her parents (who were on the set for the shoot), had any idea that photos of a naked 15-year old wrapped in a sheet with smeared lipstick would look so inappropriate. Gosh!

The statement reads: "Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines."

Vanity Fair has not yet released a comment.

Not gonna say I told you so again but......... I told you so!

SOURCE

No comments: