Thursday, November 1, 2007

Alice Cooper says Ozzy's a joke



Alice Cooper has blamed the reality show, The Osbournes, for tainting his friend Ozzy Osbourne's dark mystique and turning him into a joke.

Alice was recently quoted as saying:
"Most fans thought he lived in a big, dark castle with skeletons in the cellar. When that show aired they knew he was just some guy who potters around his Beverly Hills mansion. It was meant to be some kind of comedy but the audience was laughing at Ozzy, not with him. And as a close friend, that made me very sad."

He's kind of got a point. I used to be afraid of Ozzy when I was a kid. Remember in the end of the Close My Eyes Forever video when he was all "Close your eyes....close your eyes....close your eyes for me." No Ozzy, I don't want to die!!!

But The Osbournes is to blame for much, much more than that. The Osbournes was the first celebrity reality show and I hold it accountable for every crappy celebrity or wannabe celebrity reality show that followed it: Newlyweds, The Simple Life, Gene Simmons Family Values, Growing Up Gotti, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, and so on and so on and so on.

By the way, kudos for Alice for not ruining his scary image. Loved you in Wayne's World man!! Oh and that Staples commercial!! I also found this rockin' photo of Alice playing golf with Dan Quale!

You know this dude has guillotines in his cellar!

No comments: