Friday, April 6, 2007

Keith - "I didn't snort my pop."

In what's bound to join the ranks of the Led Zeppelin shark/groupie incident, the Jim Morrison faking his death, and good ol' Axl and the kitty litterbox, a quote by Keith Richards about snorting his father's ashes was everywhere this week.

The quote from Keith's interview in NME magazine went like this: "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Now Keith's management is playing clean-up. Bernard Doherty, a spokesman for Keith says "It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke."

But the magazine interviewer Mark Beaumont disagrees, "He didn't offer the information, I had to ask him a couple of questions to get the information out of him. He didn't come straight out with that."

So what does Keith have to say? In a message on the Rolling Stones' website he writes, "The complete story is lost in the usual slanting! The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!!! I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

I guess we'll never know the truth. I just hope Keith doesn't try to climb that tree.



SOURCE

No comments: