Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Random (not so) Deep Thought


So I'm a huge pro-wrestlin----I mean
sports entertainment fan (girls listen to me: Melrose Place on 'roids. Half-naked dudes! Whatever, your loss.) and everytime the WWE is in town, I'm there, such was the case last night at Monday Night Raw. I love the atmosphere--everyone's into it, unlike in regular life. I've decided that there are a lot of closet fans (you know, similiar to how Nickelback sells millions of albums but no one admits to buying them). It's like a cool club, ok it's like a club, and people are so into it. Young, old, men, women, kids, you really get a warm and fuzzy feeling (could be the beer though). They wear the tee-shirts, make signs, know the chants, etc. That's all fun and dandy. But I just can't for the life of me figure one thing out:

The grown men that walk around the arena carrying the replica belts.

If you've ever been to a WWE event you know what I'm talking about. If not, well there's an example above (sorry I couldn't find a better picture--I'll be sure to take one next time) Ok, kids in their John Cena spinner belts are one thing, but I'm referring to MEN, many over the age of 30! And there are a lot of them. And it's not like a goof thing. They are totally serious about it. They have to be. Those damn things are expensive! Look here I really don't get it and I wear the tee-shirts and make the signs too so I'm not some mature elitist wrestling fan (I realize that's an oxymoron). I guess it's kind of like collecting baseball cards or something---no, no actually it isn't, it's just bizarre. I mean boxing fans don't do that and boxing's real. ??????

?????

Wait! Maybe that's it! Maybe it's a whole make-believe fantasy thing, like Dungeons and Dragons! Yes, I've thunk it out! It's all coming together! I'm going to write Yale about obtaining a grant to conduct a study to determine the number of males who play D&D and see if there is any correlation to the number of males of the same demographic that walk around arenas with their $400 replica WWE title belts! I'll let you know how that goes.

In related news, Edge's ass looked awesome.

No comments: