Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Great Moments in Axl History #18




#18. Axl vs. his neighbor (AKA: Not right next door to Mr. Rogers)

Annoying neighbors. Who
doesn't have them? This one time, I lived in this apartment and had this wacko lady that looked like Steve Urkel who used to knock on my door SEVERAL TIMES a day asking for random stuff: "Can I have a cigarette?" "Can I have a teabag?" "Can I borrow some salt?" "Got any cheese?" (ok, I made the cheese one up. But that would have ruled because she really did look like Urkel) I often thought to myself, If only I had a wine bottle to bash over her head!

In October 1990, Axl and then-wife Erin Everly lived in a condominium in West Hollywood and they had such a dilemma. It was a pretty bad time to be dealing with bitchass neighbors too. Erin had just suffered a miscarriage and their relationship was strained. Late one night, Axl and the neighbor got into an argument in the hall and it got all crazy. The police were called and the neighbor accused him of hitting her over the head with a wine bottle which Axl was arrested for.



Ok, what the fuck kind of slanted-ass report is that? And also, it was SLASH that swore on the awards show, not Axl. God, Kent Shocknek, some reporter you are! Kurt Loder would never make a mistake like that. Can we just get him? I bet Axl would even give him his side of the story.



See, she was a crazy bitch and she was lying! Axl speaks the truth!

In the end the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. But Axl did get a song out of it.

Since then, Axl has improved his neighboring skills and even saved his new neighbor's house in a fire earlier this year:



THIS HAS BEEN GREAT MOMENTS IN AXL HISTORY

No comments: