Friday, May 23, 2008

Cleared!


Poison drummer Rikki Rockett has been cleared of the rape charges that were filed against him earlier this year. Turns out, he wasn't even in Mississippi when the incident was claimed to have taken place!

The person who was in Mississippi was an impostor named John Minskoff whose last name is close to Rikki's real name: John Minskosf. Ok, I'm confused too. Anyway John used Rikki's name (Rockett, I think) to convince the complaining witness to sleep with him. Or something.

Rikki released the following comment on his MySpace page:
"I think it was a case where the woman and her husband unfortunately believed they could extort money from me and my band. This is a gross example of people attempting to abuse the law for personal profit. They tried to subvert and make a mockery of the criminal justice system. It is abhorrent and disgraceful. It's nice to feel like I can have my life back now. I have a Poison tour to look forward to as well as a wedding to prepare for."

Rikki then went on to rant about the press coverage he received after he was arrested: "I remain surprised that no member of the educated and savvy press ever googled the name 'John Minskoff'! Had they done so, they would have found out that in 1996, John Minskoff claimed to have been involved with the rock band, White Snake, when he lured and kidnapped a 15-year-old girl in Reno, Nevada. Minskoff is a violent career criminal and felon and convicted perjurer with multiple convictions who has admitted to impersonating "rock stars" to sexually pursue women." He said later that he looked forward to serving the press with some "healthy lawsuits."

See the Penis Chart never lies!

SOURCE

No comments: