Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spamalot Leaves Britney Alone


Former Monty Python star and author of the musical SPAMALOT, told the Associated Press that he changed the lyrics in the song Divas Lament to avoid making fun of Britney Spears. The reason? "Because we don't laugh at sad people," Idle said.

He continued, "
We changed the lyrics in London, on tour, on Broadway and in Las Vegas. We think that it's now too sad. Britney Spears is being tortured to death and we don't want to be on that side."

Britney has been replaced in the lyrics with Victoria Beckham since she is not sad.

Here are the lyrics in question:
I am sick of my career
Always starting second gear

Up to here, with frustration and with fears.
I've no Grammy no Rewards,

I've no Tony Awards,
I'm Constantly replaced with Britney Spears


Whatever Happened to My Show?

I was a hit, now I don't know.
I'm with a bunch of British Knights,
Prancing 'round in woolly tights.


Oh my god, I don't know this show, but please tell this song is sung by new SPAMALOT cast member, Clay Aiken! How perfect is that?





SOURCE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No you ass hat, it's sung by the Lady of the Lake. Hannah Waddingham. Duh. Too much stupidity and miss information to even bother with blogs anymore.