Thursday, May 10, 2007

We miss you Tupac and Biggie



In the 90's we had the East Coast vs. West Coast rap wars. Nowadays, we have the Dumb vs. Dumber popslut wars.

So the story goes that Fergie and Nelly Furtado have dissed each other on their equally wretched songs. I'm not sure who started it but Fergie said something about not being promiscuous on her song Fergalicious and something else about pulling Nelly's wig off in another song. I don't know what Nelly said about Fergie and frankly, I'm tired of Googling trying to find out. (Supposedly it's in Promiscious but I can't find it. Let me know if anyone knows)

Anyway, recently the two crossed paths and Fergie went on the record about it on Ryan Seacrest's radio show yesterday.

Fergie explained, "Something went down with the lyrics of a song and she thought I was talking about her because we had similar lyrics when our albums came out and it wasn't even true. So she came out with a song talking about it and I approached her and said, 'Hey, listen, is this song about me, because I heard from (producer) Scott Storch it was,' and she kinda beat around the bush a little bit... and she said, 'Yeah,' and she apologized and I said, 'OK.' "I was willing to keep it between us, she goes on MTV, said it wasn't about me and then I hear on YouTube she's saying it was about me, so I'm like, 'OK, which one is it?' "She was just calling me out on a song... (and now) it's kinda like a light battle... I've said my peace. It's not like we're gonna throw down."

Got all that? Me neither. Do you care? Me neither.

SOURCE

No comments: