Friday, February 22, 2008

"Springtime For Castro" anyone?




There are some people who you can never tell if they are joking or not. Michael Moore is one of them. You think he's joking, but you never really know for certain.

He's gotten himself in the news this week after declaring that he has invited retired Cuban president, Fidel Castro, to the Oscars on Sunday. Moore's recent documentary, Sicko, featured a segment on Cuba's universal health care system.

Moore issued the following press release,
"I got some great news today because I was trying to figure out how I was going to get Castro into the Oscars and for me he resigns today so he can come to L.A. and go as my guest and perhaps give the acceptance speech. As long as he keeps it under five hours. I'm telling you, that's got to be a ratings grabber. Can you imagine him? Showing up? If I could talk to (Oscar producer) Gil Cates and maybe get Castro in a dance number at the beginning of the show? Great."

SOURCE

No comments: